It’s that time again – time to take step back and remember how blessed I am and to be grateful. Here’s part of my thankful list for today:
- Christmas music – In order to have my Christmas designs available and ready to go for the Christmas season, I’ve had to already start working on my new ornaments, even though Christmas is still 3 months away. This week, I’m thankful for Christmas music because it’s helped get me in the Christmas mood I need to create these new designs, despite the warm weather and distinct lack of snow.
- Our Bible Study Group – Arturo and I lead a Bible study each week in our home. While we’re just a small group, we’ve developed a deep closeness that goes far beyond almost all other friendships in my life. I am so thankful for the love and support and friendship of our Bible study partners!
- Cookbooks – I love, love, love cooking, and I am so thankful for the cookbooks that give me fresh ideas and present new solutions. Eating is, after all, a necessity of human existence. I take great joy in making it as pleasurable as possible.
- Rainy Weather – While rainy weather doesn’t make me want to be super-productive like sunny weather usually does, I am grateful that we’re getting the rain. A wet late summer and early fall usually leads to a beautiful color palette of leaves come mid and late fall. Fall is my favorite season because of the beautiful leaves, and I can’t wait.
- My mom – I have a million+ reasons to be super thankful for my mom, but this week I’m thankful for one big reason in particular: she gave me all the tools I need for my photography studio. I’ve spent most of my time this week taking photos of all my new items, so I’ve had plenty of time to be thankful to her for all she’s given me. When my camera broke earlier this year (due to an unfortunate encounter between our hard wood floors and the camera lens), she gave me one of hers, which works better than mine ever did. When I complained that I was struggling to get the lighting just right, she gave me a pair of AMAZING professional photography lights and stands that completely takes the guesswork out of the process. My mom is one of my best friends, so I’m always thankful for her in all sorts of ways, but this week I’m particularly thankful for her generosity. Thanks, Mom. 🙂
What are you thankful for this week?
This little red bird is yet another of my new Christmas ornaments, and he will be available in my shop sometime next week.
Update: The Inspirational Red Bird Ornament is now available in my Etsy shop, here.