It seems that Thursday is the day for me to share with you my list of things for which I am thankful. Making my thankful list each day helps me remember how blessed I am and keeps me from getting bogged down in the little frustrations of life. Even when my project isn’t turning out the way I want or the fabric seems to not be cooperating, God is still good, and life is still worth living.
A by-no-means complete list of things for which I am particularly thankful today:
- My Bible study group – Last night, the Bible study group that Arturo and I host each week in our home finished a 14-week study. It was a wonderful growing and learning experience for each of us. I am so thankful for my friends who hold me accountable and help me grow in the Lord.
- My church family – Today, I’m meeting a good friend for lunch. We first met at church, and I’m so grateful for her friendship. Without the wonderful church family we share, our friendship never would have blossomed.
- Good jobs – At the end of last week, Arturo was offered a new job. He’s been looking for a new job for almost 6 months ago, and circumstances finally aligned for him to find a job that would help him continue to grow and learn. I’m excited for him as he starts this new adventure, and I’m thankful that he’s been given this opportunity.
- Instructional books – Earlier this week, I published the “Reading List” page on my blog, and the process of putting the page together reminded me of all the helpful information found in my library of craft books. As a self-taught artisan, the instructional works of other artists is invaluable to me. Reading and exposing myself to new ideas is how I grow in my craft.
- Good health – I wasn’t feeling well earlier this week and, as a result, haven’t gotten as much done this week as I’d hoped. However, I’m feeling much better today, and for that I am very thankful!
For what are you thankful today? How have you been blessed?
Monday, Pepper decided to interrupt my photo shoot. I couldn’t resist taking a few photos of her while she was in my photo studio.